Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

A forum for Stacy Keibler fam (fans) & supporters

4 posters

SMK Chatroom 2

astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

SMK Chatroom 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: SMK Chatroom 2

Post by astroth Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Then again WCW had a decent business person that funded it and though I may not agree with him now Eric Bischolff did a lot to make it into what it was and the only reason it doesn't exist was because of the time warner merger with aol
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:15 am

Well I take no credit for this, its a copy and paste but pretty much sums up what I thought of raw

As far as RAW itself goes I'll just hit the high points:

- Hunter and 'Taker not even needing to say a word was fantastic. That's why there is no basis to complain about there only being six weeks of build up. You take two of the biggest names in history, put them together in the ring, and you have a 'Mania match. The fact that they've got their own history against each other and the Shawn Michaels factor is just icing on the cake.

- Cena proved tonight why he has a long way to go if he ever wants to be on The Rock's level. We get it. You're loyal to the company. Good for you. But that doesn't make you better and that doesn't mean you have one over on The Rock. He did all there was to do in less time than you. He is an icon. He was created by the people while you were forced down their throats until the audience was whittled down to mostly impressionable young minds who would accept you no matter what. Most of your fans aren't even old enough to remember when you used to rap.

That was a pathetic display by Cena. It was also unsurprising in the fact that Cena went to the one and only card in his arsenal. Please, John. Continue to talk about Rock leaving the company. While you do that, he'll continue to verbally tear you to shreds.

- Ugh. Really? We're going with the Russo-rific tag team champions who hate each other and are scheduled to face one another on PPV? Great. The last time they did that was... Cena and Batista. The last time they did that before that was... Cena and HBK. Now Cena and Miz. It's just so silly. Miz and Cena actually have quite a bit of history. The Rock factor should make it even easier to build up this match. So why waste time with the tag straps? For the last time, the tag titles don't look better when they're on top names. They look better when they're on actual, established tag teams. Yes, at least Miz/Cena lost them right after they won them but they shouldn't have won them in the first place.

One year ago Slater/Gabriel were making their NXT debuts. Now they're three-time tag team champions. I guess that's... something.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:25 pm

Man that HHH vs Taker match should be EPIC and Mania. And if the Rock does wrestle there as well it will be one of the best WM's yet
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:48 am

A lot of folks seem to think its the same type of match as last year between hbk and taker career vs streak but its not in my book. Why would either guy go for it, yes triple h may be going for the revenge thing since taker retired his best friend but I don't see triple h putting his career on the line for that. Plus I don't see him returning for like 6 six week just to retire.

However there are other things they can do for that as both guys are basically the top guys in the company, though truth be told I think triple h is higher just because he is married to chairman and ceo's daughter.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens between now and wm and of course the fallout from wm
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 am

I agree with Triple H being married to the boss kind of. He prob is higher in the rankings over Taker. Could he actally end the Streak? It will be interesting to see and regardless should be a hell of a match.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Possible yes, likely not so much, from what I read from folks who seem to have a very good understanding of the business figure taker's streak will go to 20-0 and he'll retire then so I based on those folks etc I find it unlikely triple h will end the streak, though I'm sure they'll both beat the crap out of each other
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Yeah that is probably the most likely thing to happen.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Good grief folks are claiming cena step-up his game etc, he didn't though I think he never thought he would have to defend what he said about The Rock because he truly believe The Rock would never return. So now cena has a hole to climb out of and failing at and the sad part is most of this overshadows the WWE Champ who is a better wrestler and cuts better promos
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 am

Not I agree with these being the greatest but they are some of the more interesting moments in WCW history
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:25 am

They are some of the more interesting moments. The one that catchs me is how great Goldbergs run was 71 wins in a row. And how many more he may of had if Nash didn't get greedy as a storyline guy and want the title for himself.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:43 pm

and it took a freaking taser to stop goldberg at least storyline wise
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:15 pm

take with a block of salt and maybe some beer or something else

HulkHogan4Real Hulk Hogan
    I think it's great for Jim Hart to go back to the WWE as Jerry Lawers manager at wrestlemania,I just hope it's not a one off like the RockHH
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:28 pm

we will see if Hulkster is right and yeah Goldberg was a beast so why not a taser right?

LOL Don't Taze me Bro!
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:00 am

I think it had more to do with the fact they didn't think they could stop him otherwise plus the nWo were heels so.

something I found

Quite possibly how the WWE Title feud will be booked.. or at least how it kind of seems to be
    SMK Chatroom 2 - Page 26 910775
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Admin Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 pm

I agree with some of the most historical WCW moments in the video like the formation of the nWo at Bash at the Beach, Hall & Nash turning up on Nitro, Goldberg beating Hulk for the WCW title in the Georgia Dome. The Final Nitro was historic too, as it was the last WCW show & also the first time two wrestling show were simulcast on two different TV networks at the same time (TNT and USA Network).
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:13 pm

I agree and the end of WCW ended any real compition that WWE/F has ever had. As TNA is like a fly on the wall. I liked the comment that TNA was really using their new guys to carry the show lol. When Sting won his first world title, Edge was 16 years old and Miz was 9 years old.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:44 am

The stupid AOL Time Warner merger marked the end of any real threat/ competition to Vince and Co. Yes TNA may have money but whomever is actually running it wastes a large amount of it on washed up, has beens, and casts off from the E.

To me if you can catch Ring of Honor its a better product then TNA but I know they ended their deal with HDNet for tv broadcasts.

When was a home grown talent last champ in TNA anyways? Most of the ones I've recently heard of are Jeff Hardy, Ken Anderson, and Sting
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Umm I dont know really AJ Styles needs it, but I think Soma Joe was the last one?
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:23 pm

My point is we don't remember and they don't brother to tell us not that I watch tna that much anyways.

Where as we generally know more of the past champs in the E, though some tend to stand out more then others. While we may complain about Cena but he is of the current generation and does seem to help the next gen as well. TNA seems to want to use the old guard to build on vs using them to help move the current/new gen to be the ones folks want to see
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Yes so TNA is way worse with everyone and you thought Cena was bad. lol. Though Kurt Angle isn't bad though I feel bad for the guy.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 am

I never watch TNA, bu the few times that i did, i wasn't very impressed. Although it's hard to get into it when you have know idea what the storylines are.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 am

Thats easy wait a week and they change or so it seems from what I've read.

Now we may have ms annoying on raw vs taped sd to go with mr annoying who got a beer bath and who he wanted to be the guest ref got stunned twice.

Cena is killing the build for the wwe title match, miz knocked him out with the title and did more to build it in that moment and when talkin to the rock then cena has the whole time, like cena is going to win a talking match with the rock anyways
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 am

Unfortunately i missed Raw for the first time in a while due to the timberwolves game. I'll have to look up the results.

Oh boy if Vickie is on Raw i may have to stop watching Raw period. She wouldn't be so bad if she didn't have such a screechy voice! I've always liked the miz since back in tough enough, but I never knew he'd be so successful, and his promos are always very good. I like Cena but your right the Rock is much better on the mic, i tend to zone out when Cena talks.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:47 pm

The Rock and miz are running laps around cena in the promo department for this match.

Hence the reason I call her ms annoying is her because of her voice.

If you get Universal HD you watch repeats of both Raw and SD on Saturdays
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:50 pm

I think you can watch some WWE shows online on Hulu

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:18 am