Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

A forum for Stacy Keibler fam (fans) & supporters

4 posters

The Wrestling topic

B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

The Wrestling topic - Page 5 Empty Re: The Wrestling topic

Post by B Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:31 pm

That they did. They seem to do well by their superstars as they should as its what keeps them in the biz. And at the top of if too.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:54 pm

They're at the top mainly because they basically are the only company, though tna is there vince does see them as a threat and rightfully so, RoH is good but doesn't have the money or maybe even the drive to big sa,e with dragons gate and the even small companies.

The only threat to Vince really is UFC/MMA
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Which is kind of close but not really to wrestling as its MMA. But UFC is probably the closest thing and I bet RoH could make a run at WWE with some backers.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:57 pm

UFC is the only national or international MMA promotion at the moment and from stuff I've read they are actually out drawing the E in ppv sales
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:19 am

Well it seems TNA is a pot of legal hot water
    Code:
    http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/feed_news-19221-TNA_Wrestling_Involved_in_Sexual_Harassment_Lawsui.php

Exclusive: Behind-The-Scenes Update on Undertaker/McCool
    A post today on PWInsider.com revealed that Michelle McCool is reportedly finishing up with WWE, as she will participate in a Loser Leaves Smackdown Match against former Lay-Cool partner Layla El.

We can confirm, based on conversations with several wrestlers and a key WWE insider, this move has a lot to do with the fact The Undertaker is not scheduled for TV anytime soon, and simply wants his wife at home.

McCool's tenure on Smackdown has been somewhat controversial, as she has not appeared on house shows, and only works TV tapings and pay per views. This preferential treatment rubbed a lot of the full time wrestlers the wrong way, especially since so many "part-timers" were in featured roles for WrestleMania (Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler, Trish Stratus, Vickie Guerrero, Snooki). To make matters worse, the Cole vs Lawler match went very long at WrestleMania, taking up valuable time that others could have used to put more of a spotlight on their own match. Agent - Producer Dean Malenko was the one who laid out the Lawler vs Cole match, and that touched off a whole locker room discussion about the part timers who get so much air time, when the house shows are hurting and pay checks are down because of it.

McCool is said to leave in WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's good graces, and is expected to return to television about the same time Undertaker appears again.

Source
    Code:
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-behind-the-scenes-update-on-undertakermccool-129173

And for the most interesting bit of pointless useless information

WTorch
    During WWE's annual shareholders meeting on Friday, WWE CEO Vince McMahon briefly addressed a question on whether he'll consider buying out TNA.

"I don't know that they're for sale," McMahon said in a non-committal fashion. After a long pause as the shareholder asking the question pressed McMahon to give an answer, McMahon added, "Maybe."

The exchange at the end of the conference call was as follows:

Shareholder: When are you going to buy that three-letter company that's based in Nashville, Tenn., because they have the wrong people in charge of that company. Please save the business from Dixie Carter. (McMahon lightly laughs) Stephanie McMahon has more brains than Dixie Carter. (McMahon: Ooh.) I think if you buy it now, there's a shot at fixing that company up because I know you'll put the right people in charge of that company.

McMahon: I'm (long pause) - I don't know that they're for sale.

Shareholder: They're not for sale now, but I'm sure if you offered them something - I don't know, it's a 50/50 shot.

McMahon: Well - (deep groan) Maybe.

The exchange was removed from discussion earlier in the conference about WWE looking to acquire entertainment properties that fit their business model as part of the "New WWE" initiative, which TNA would fit into.

WWE said their goal is to find related content companies and "literally put them through the WWE system to create new revenue (for WWE)." WWE said the long-term goal is to acquire companies related to their content to grow the core business, which is creating content.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:57 pm

Well that makes some sense and dumb Taker and McCool. Though I'm glad if thats the case then Layla will stay. Which is good as shes a good diva. I dont know if Vince should even bother with TNA they have some good wrestlers but they should just be brought over when their contract is over.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Well I can see the logic in regards to mccool and taker plus it reduces crap she is getting from her "peers" and in the case of taker he has been doing a limited deal for a few years now, his body is beat to hell.

What needs to happen is Paul Heyman needs by tna and he then can make into a force to challenge vince
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Well not sure what the point of proposed main event at the next ppv in like two weeks is. That said this could be considered spoilers but things can change between now and then at least in theory.

WWE champion John Cena vs. The Miz in an I Quit match is listed as the main event of the Over the Limit PPV on the Key Arena website in Seattle.

Following the non-clean finish to the Cena-Miz title match on Monday's Raw, WWE was expected to book a re-match at their next PPV in two weeks.

In the list of other wrestlers scheduled to appear, new World Hvt. champion Randy Orton and Christian are listed together followed by Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, WWE tag champion Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, R-Truth, and U.S. champion Kofi Kingston.

Source
    Code:
    http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_49897.shtml
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sun May 08, 2011 1:49 am

Hmm intersting to see if thats the card or not when it comes in two weeks.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri May 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Well it seems we lost another icon of pro wrestling.

TMZ reports:

Florida Highway Patrol tells TMZ … Savage was driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he veered across a concrete median … through oncoming traffic … and “collided head-on with a tree.”

Savage was transported to Largo Medical center, where he died from his injuries.

Savage’s wife was a passenger in the vehicle during the collision — but survived with “minor injuries.” She was transported to a different local hospital where she was treated.

I grew up watching “Macho Man” Randy Savage on television each and every week. I started to become a fan during Savage’s initial WWE Championship run, culminating with his match at WrestleMania V with Hulk Hogan. When I woke up this afternoon and saw that TMZ was reporting Savage passed, I refused to believe it, but the news is spreading like wildfire and I can’t pretend forever.

Randy Savage, for me, was the premiere architect of what a professional wrestler should be. Detail oriented in the ring, and entertaining as hell outside of it. When “Pomp & Circumstance” came through the PA at a wrestling event, you knew you were in for something special.

I’m at a complete loss for words, so I’ll leave you with one of my favorite Macho Man quotes.

“The camera is that way, yeah. Sense of direction I’ve always had, but a little help along the way, just like a good quick shove, is somethin’ nice to have, yeah!”

Code:
    http://www.boredwrestlingfan.com/2011/05/20/remembering-randy-savage/

Actually from what I've seen it was heart attack that cased the crash
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Fri May 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Yeah, i was shocked when i heard that. I wasn't watching wrestling when he was around, but its still a little heartbreaking. It was actually the heart attack that probably killed him, although the crash didn't help. Very sad seeing yet another wrestler die tragically at a young age.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat May 21, 2011 12:18 am

From what I've read he was pushin 60 years old so he wasn't that young. Its shame yes but hopefully he didn't suffer at all and now gets to hang out with other pass legends like Owen, Stu, gorilla monsoon and whomever else
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat May 21, 2011 7:16 pm

Well this might mean Vince and Co will get off their cans and improve etc their product.

RING OF HONOR ANNOUNCES SALE TO SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP

BRISTOL, PA. (MAY 21, 2011)–Ring of Honor Wrestling owner, Cary Silkin, announced today the sale of the promotion to Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., one of the largest television broadcasters in the country and which owns and operates, programs, or provides sales services to 58 television stations in 35 markets across the United States.

ROH, currently the third largest wrestling promotion in the country, just celebrated its ninth anniversary, and Mr. Silkin is excited about taking the next step towards increasing the company’s visibility and expanding its operations.

“We have been waiting for and working for this opportunity for quite some time”, he said, “and of our 9 years in business, there has been no better roster of wrestlers than this one to expose the ROH product to the masses. With Sinclair’s resources and many avenues of distribution, we believe many new fans around the world will be as captivated as those who have followed Ring of Honor over the years.”

The month of September will see the debut of the new Ring of Honor television program which will be syndicated across the Sinclair network of stations, and with it, ROH will become the only wrestling promotion in the United States with a major, multi-market presence on broadcast TV. But if you don’t live in a market with a Sinclair station, fear not, says Mr. Silkin. “Through our revamped website we will be able to make the TV show available to anyone in the world with internet access.”

Sinclair officials are enthused about the project as well.

“We are very excited about this acquisition,” commented Steve Marks, COO of Sinclair’s Television Group. “Television and professional wrestling have a long history of successful partnerships and driving viewership. Unfortunately, the broadcast networks have not protected that relationship, allowing professional wrestling to migrate to cable network distribution. We believe that the powerful promotional platform that our TV stations provide, coupled with our 22% share of the U.S. TV households, will allow ROH to achieve name brand recognition and grow its share of the wrestling market. When you consider the makeup of our station mix and the number of CW, MYTV and FOX affiliates we operate, this is a perfect fit for our viewer demographics.” Mr. Marks also noted, “Longer-term, we can envision syndicating ROH wrestling to broadcasters in markets where Sinclair does not have a presence, and even internationally.”

Mr. Silkin assures the ROH fans worldwide that they will be seeing the same exciting, hard-hitting style of pro wrestling that they have become accustomed to. “We have established the name Ring of Honor as synonymous with the best in-ring action in the sport. The only thing that will change is that it will now be easier for fans around the world to follow. Our visibility will increase greatly–our production will be upgraded–but the work ethic of our incredible talent roster and our athletic style of wrestling will remain the same. This is what our fans have told us they want, and we will continue to give it to them.”

The current front office staff, including Cary Silkin, Syd Eick, and Ross Abrams, will remain with ROH going forward. Hunter Johnston, a favorite of ROH fans for years as the masked grappler Delirious, will still handle matchmaking, Jim Cornette will remain as executive producer, and other familiar faces like ring announcer Bobby Cruise and senior referee Todd Sinclair will be in place.”

Additionally, longtime wrestling broadcaster Kevin Kelly, already the voice of ROH internet pay-per-views, will assume the TV play-by-play chair this fall. Veteran NWA and WCW promoter Gary Juster will come aboard to be in charge of live event operations, which are planned to continue in current ROH markets as well as expanding into new locations concurrent with the increased TV exposure.

Mr. Cornette, who along with Mr. Johnston, will be in charge of talent and matchmaking, sees this as a new beginning for pro wrestling. “This is not old-school wrestling, and it’s not sports entertainment,” said Mr. Cornette. “This is wrestling for the 21st century, a new style developed by fresh, young stars that incorporates wrestling, mixed martial arts and high-flying, high-risk action with unique personalities, and it’s showcased by a sports-based presentation completely different from any other product out there. In my 30 years in the sport, it’s the most exciting live-event wrestling experience I’ve seen, and I’m thrilled to help bring it to broadcast TV.”

A major press conference, open to wrestling press and mainstream media alike, is being planned for Baltimore on Friday, June 24th. This event will feature a number of the ROH staff and wrestlers both announcing news about ROH’s future and answering questions. The media event will be presided over by new ROH COO, Joe Koff. Mr. Koff, a longtime Sinclair executive with an extensive background in TV sales and management, also has experience in pro wrestling television production and syndication. Most visible of his projects may have been the first-ever live, prime time syndicated pro wrestling events, the Battle of the Belts, which aired from 1985 to 1987. These Championship Wrestling from Florida-based cards were broadcast live to a syndicated network of stations and may be best-remembered for the classic Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham NWA World Title contest from St. Petersburg.

The press event will kick off a weekend which includes ROH’s next internet pay-per-view event, “Best In The World 2011,” live from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on Sunday, June 26th at 4PM EST. In addition to all the top stars on the ROH roster, this event will feature the return of some favorite stars from Ring of Honor’s past, and can be ordered by anyone in the world with internet access through Gofightlive.tv for only $14.95. More information about Ring of Honor can be obtained through their website, www.rohwrestling.com.

Source
    Code:
    http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ring-of-honor-announces-sale-to-sinclair-broadcast-group/
    ]
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Well rumor has it Kharma is with kid so is going to be off tv for a at least nine months which might explain her strange melt down or whatever last week. Well I found this and actually this would been cool if the e did it.

Also, the way the WWE handled Kharma's exit bugs me. If they knew she was going to be out for an extended period of time, why not use that to transfer some heat so her return seems that much more dramatic?

Have her kidnap K2 after her match at OTL. Have her film a few viginettes or backstage clips ahead of time and then do something where she's got Kelly. Then suddenly out comes this new heel Kelly who's been brainwashed/trained to be Kharma's vanguard.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Well at least she explained more and confirmed the rumors of her being with a child on Raw.

That said they could have done things a bit different but not much we can do as a fan. The shot she took at JR was for story, she explains more on her blog and even JR back her up on that.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:02 am

little insight on triple h from road dogg

Road Dogg talks about his former DX partner Triple H.

Road Dogg and Triple H

Back during the heydays in WWE, Road Dogg was a key figure. He was running around with Billy Gunn, Sean Waltman and Chyna. Leading the pack was none other than Triple H, who has recently taken over quite a bit of duties from Vince McMahon.

Road Dogg speaks about his former partner.

He's a really level headed guy, he's not very emotional, he's not going to let his emotions rue the day whether he hired somebody because he doesn't like them. If somebody is talented, they're going to get an opportunity and that's how he is.

And I think he's always kind of had a knack to get over.

Even if it was being attached to somebody that was gonna get over, bringing a faction together that was gonna get over. He always knew what to do from very young in his career. He knew who to get with, who to hang out with, and what to say and what to do.

As far as a skill set to be in that position he definitely has that.

Now that's not saying that he didn't marry the boss's daughter and that all helped him along the way. I'm not saying that he got married because of the gig.

I'm saying that that may have helped him achieve the ultimate goal of getting where he is now.

One day, him and Steph are going to run that company, and that's just the bottom line. Vince always held things tight to his vest and handled things himself, and I think Hunter and Stephanie will do the same thing in the future.

I think the right guy is in the right spot, and I think he'll continue to make good decisions as far as making WWE profitable.
    Closing Thoughts

Good insight from a guy that was actually backstage.

Source
    Code:
    http://www.wrestlingrevealed.com/next/content.php/3611-Road-Dogg-and-Triple-H
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:00 pm

interesting read from an old school wwe guy
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:25 pm

found else where

Code:
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Green.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Yellow.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Red.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Violet.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Blue.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Indigo.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Orange.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/Black.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/ChrisMWaters/WWELanterns/White.jpg
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:54 pm

As of Saturday

Chavo Guerrero released

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Chavo Guerrero as of today, June 25, 2011. We wish Guerrero the best in all future endeavors.

Code:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/chavo-guerrero-released
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:46 pm

That is sad to see Chavo go. But we haven't seen him on tv for a long while now. But after Monday Night CM Punk became a legend if that is how he goes out. That was a hell of a bang. And not in a match either. Just kind of a slap in the face of the WWE or more specificily Vince.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:26 pm

As I'm sure you noticed there is raging debate on if it real or a shoot. Given stuff I've read and seen I'm going with shoot but still a helluva a promo that shows how bad most of the current roaster is at doing promos
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 am

Yes and if that was the case I'm glad as it was slightly edgie like the ol' wwf
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Though I have to say that was one of the fastest and shortest suspenses in e history. Mind you this is possible spoilers for next weeks raw which was taped in vegas punk suspended, removed from MiTB PPV title match, match made to find new number one contender and by the end punk was no longer suspended and back in the title match at the MiTBPPV
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 am

Just to add insult or whatever to this, it appears to be actually true that after the MiTB PPV there will not be a CM Punk in the E.

Code:
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/glaad-train-wwe-talent-after-cm-punks-anti-gay-incident
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:12 am

Well it seems Vince is pissed, his title with 60 some odd years of legacy just left the company, cena got beat, the raw mitb failed to make use of it after a order from Vince and the head of the talent relations got his ass kicked too from what I read.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:33 pm