Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

A forum for Stacy Keibler fam (fans) & supporters

4 posters

SMK Chatroom 2

Ryan
    Ryan

SMK Chatroom 2 - Page 13 Empty Re: SMK Chatroom 2

Post by Ryan Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:07 pm

There never really is any big stars on it, the last 2 years have been bad for starpower. Can you imagine stars like Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, going on those shows? That would be quite entertaining and would make the show huge. But i think the huge stars are just too busy, or just don't want to embarass themselves.
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:18 pm

It would probably be abit too expensive for ABC to have big name stars on it too, plus because of their schedules it would probably not be visible for them to appear on it. DWTS originates from a UK show called 'Come Dancing' which was about ballroom dancing and started airing in 1949. I think the BBC then re-created the format to include celebrities which is known as 'Strictly Come Dancing' or 'Strictly' usually in the UK and then exported the format to other countries like the USA for Dancing with the Stars.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Can you guess the budget the show would need to get A list movie stars? We're talking billions as most of them can pull seven figures or more per movie.

Gee Hollywood stealing or whatever ideas from other countries, American Idol is a american version of a british show if I remember right, the X-Factor is british redone for america. Reality tv is unoriginal and generally boring and pointless. The only show to me that has any actual credit is The Voice because the judges pick who to work with based on voice not looks or anything else.
    Admin
    Admin
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Maybe they could do a version of DWTS for charity with A-list celebs on with the money raised going to the charities they support. That's one way they could get A-listers on the show.

Yep your right, American Idol was called Pop Idol in the UK. X-Factor also started in the UK first. Quite a few UK shows have been re-made for the US audience like The Office and even older shows like Sanford & Son (which was called Steptoe and Son in the UK). There's a list of other shows here some were only pilot episodes though in the US. I like watching both the X-Factor shows, the US one seems to have more talented people on it though. The only other reality TV related show I watch I guess is the Ultimate Fighter and I watched Stacy on DWTS ofcourse. They repeated season 3 over here but not season 2 as I would definitely have watched it again. There's going to be a UK version of 'The Voice' too IIRC, so I'll watch that too.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Jennifer Aniston better not go on DWTS. I'd have to watch another season of it! lol. I was a fan of the show The Voice over here in the states And. Well it seems with the help of a bad call on the refs the Cards win game 1 of the World Series over the Rangers.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Haha, I think the world would end before Jennifer agrees to go on DWTS. Yeah, it was a questionable call, but I actually couldn't tell if the ball hit Beltre's foot or not. Nevertheless, i'm hoping Texas can rebound to win the series. It would be embarassing for Texas to lose back to back world series. Be almost as bad as the Vikings losing 4 super bowls lol.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Yeah it would. They deserve it, the Cards have won it not too long ago. I hope they come back in game 2 as well. I think it prob hit him as if I were a hitter I would have ran after hitting it if it did not. Wouldn't you think youd do the same?
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:27 am

The only reason I watched The Voice was because of Christina Aguilera and I believe watched it because of a gal from G4.

I didn't see the game and truthfully don't care who wins the world series but hope for the fans sake its a good series
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:18 am

Yeah, the way he reacted it must have hit him. I suppose the umps thought it didn't, and that he was doing a sell job or something.

Anyone have any plan's for today/tomorrow/the weekend?
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Maybe help a friend haul his new snowblower from the store to his house. Outside of that brackets for the bowling league tonight.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:08 pm

You mean it actually snows in Arizona? Hope u bowl well tonight, i'm probably guaranteed to go bowling at least once this week.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:27 pm

Yeah the girl from G4 pulled me into the Voice. Yeah for me I actually get friday off of work so no idea other then to check for some winter tires for my Mustang Gt. Cause summer tires will help me wreck it. Then work all day sat like usual and then sunday off.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:13 am

Well Ryan given the fact I live at 7,000 feet above see level I would think that might make it snow. Research Northern Arizona Ryan. I did brackets for the league tonight, bowled Wednesday night and not worth a crap this week either

B studded snow tires would be a plus, however you would have to almost have to swap them for the non-studded tires because they aren't that good when its dry etc
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:15 am

Hmm well those would be the best option but sadly with my money flow perhaps just some good all year tires would be best for me on it.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:16 am

Cheaper and less worry as you don't have to worry about swapping studded for none studded etc
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:23 am

Yes and still way better then my current tires. Well I think after a day and a half straight of rain it stopped finally tonight here.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:37 am

Nice weather, it was sunny here yesterday and today. Today was sightly breezier then yesterday, as yesterday was the first time I've ever heard of a planned fire not happening because it wasn't windy enough
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:38 am

Now that would be a first for me too.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Well here you go, read it and whatever you do afterwards besides for the most part scratch your head in wonder over it.

http://www.azein.gov/azein/Lists/Announcements/DispForm.aspx?ID=2206&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:06 pm

That kind of scares me that they are doing a planned burning of the land.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:09 pm

have a bit more faith in the forest managers here then some of the other forests. The forest service has tried twice to burn down Los Alamos via controlled/prescribed/whatever fires and they also tried to burn the city of Williams down with in the last couple of years. I question DoD using C-4 to clear the forest but thats another issue.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:51 am

That is a huge other issue. Well this weekend went hardly as planned for me. how was everyone elses?
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:19 am

OK, figured out a friend has a tv and laptop issue Laughing otherwise just workin on a computer though its about done
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:11 am

Sounds productive for sure. Well Colts don't play till tomorrow night, and they will get killed by the Saints. Then the Ravens play on Monday night so I can't watch both DWTS and that.. and then RAW on top of it all? Oh man its gonna be a sucky monday.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Well the Cards play in less then hour and most likely going to loose

Well your Monday night TV watching is going to be a pain, though there is a odd chance you could find dwts on the web to watch and then flip between raw and the ravens game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content