Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stacy Keibler Fam Forum

A forum for Stacy Keibler fam (fans) & supporters

4 posters

SMK Chatroom 2

astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

SMK Chatroom 2 - Page 19 Empty Re: SMK Chatroom 2

Post by astroth Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 am

Well sounds like you had a more exciting night then me Ryan. Well I guess you would be uncomfortable in a room full of Navajo's which are fairly common around here, same with mexicans then we get to blacks.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:08 am

Well black people are pretty common around here, I just don't "hang out" with them. It wasn't too bad, I'm just not used to the party scene.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:23 pm

Well it seems that 2011 is closing on us tonight and that tomorrow we shall be in 2012. How is everyones new years eve looking? Mine, I got some person who wants to get married and rent out my hall till 1 am tomorrow morning so my new years sucks again this year. Just working.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:50 pm

Mine is looking like I'm going in with a freaking cold but also with two new bowling balls.

Still think getting married or having a birthday around this time of the year stinks
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Don't know about getting married, but having a birthday would suck this time of year, either its a double celebration with christmas or not much of a party at all. And if your greedy with presents your birthday gets screwed over by christmas as well lol.

I never do anything for new years eve, my family just watches the ball drop.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:04 am

I guess I don't see the appeal of getting married around Christmas and/or New Years.

Yep birthday around this time of the year means your pretty much screwed, you'll either get very little for your birthday or you'll get a lot for that but very little at Christmas.

Thats more then I've done the last year or so, though did have a nice expensive dinner for New Years went here Sakura Restaurant which is in this hotel http://www.flagstaffwoodlandshotel.com/dining/index.cfm
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:28 am

Well i'd have to say thats a pretty good new years.. The hotel looks nice, and expensive dinners are always a plus!
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:53 am

Yep its nice, only real issue the restrooms are by the ballrooms/meeting rooms which are like on the other side of the lobby from the restaurant's but since I don't need to use those much not a big issue. Also knew the teppanyaki cook, actually request him and was able to get him, they can't always do that but ask everytime I go which isn't very often
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:08 pm

My first post of 2012 and its a sleepy one lol. I got home late last night around 4:15 am. Well the party was about as I figured. We started at 110 and by the time it was 11 pm all but 20 people were gone. So it was as I figured and everyone wanted to do their own thing for new years. It looks like a good place to eat John. I ate work food lol. Though not bad had a cocktail sandwhich, some egg rolls, of course some wedding cup cakes which were awsome as they had cream cheese icing.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Well that seems to be a waste if 20 people were all that were left by the time the New Year showed up, mind you I'm guessing it was a lot more for the wedding etc but thats just a guess.

So hows everybody's New Years Day going?
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:28 pm

buisness as usual. Had a rough day of bowling, and now settling in for football.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:28 pm

That sounds like fun Ryan even if you didnt do well. I'm watching the Colts seeminly going down to get the first pick of the draft next year and then watching the Ravens game after that.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah bowling's always fun. Yep, the colts have nailed it down. If the ravens win, i guess you can say it was a good year for both your teams, even though they're on opposite sides of the standings.
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:22 pm

lol yes totally opposite sides of the standings.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:35 am

Well my day turned out to be a bit more exciting then I thought it was going to be. Saw Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, decent movie.

This gives me a hair more respect for the modern Tom then I had.
    Tom Cruise performed the sequence where Ethan Hunt scales the outside of the Burj Khalifa tower himself without the use of a stunt double. The Burj Khalifa tower is the tallest building in the world.

I get to try out my new bowling balls Wednesday though have more faith in them, even if they are a brand I'm not a big fan of.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:39 pm

My dad and I were going to see that on new years eve, but we never made it. That is pretty cool Tom had the guts to do that, i'm sure most of the actors out there would've just let the stunt double scale the tower.

What brand are your bowling balls?
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Went with Storm Products balls this time, generally I use Brunswick, Columbia, Track or Ebonite (which also happens to own both Track and Columbia among others)
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:56 pm

ah ok, when i was in league Storm was pretty popular among the bowlers. I'm using Ebonite balls, though i don't know what the difference is between brands.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:49 pm

Depends on your style of bowling. Brunswick and Storm on their websites show the common ball path etc for their balls. Storm goes a step more and offers a way to switch hands and even more on style.

This is one of the two I got
    http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/virtualgravitynano

and this is the other

http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/2fast

Old balls
    http://www.bowlwithbrunswick.com/downloads/info-sheets/Zone_Pro_HPC.pdf

and

And for whatever reason I can't find it Brunswick site so here is the info
    http://www.bowlingballexchange.com/showthread.php?t=24308
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:55 am

Hmm, well i have heard of Virtual Gravity, my friend was raving about that ball. They both seem like nice balls. The stats kinda go over my head. I have the Tornado basic curve ball lol, it gets me some good games sometimes.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 am

The specs are over my head as well, I just look for what is similar to what I want to replace. I know if you email Brunswick at least with regards to their balls and ask for a suggestion/recommendation as a replacement they'll tell you. I also would not be surprised if did the same even if the ball your replacing isn't one of theirs as it makes good business sense.

Now that said when looking for a ball look at the path if shown on the website of the ball that is the closest match to your style.

Take the nano I got for example load the page and if you look towards the right side of the screen it shows the where the bowler is when the ball is released, what arrow it crosses to its break point which is where it hooks towards the pins and finally where it impacts the pins, provided everything is correct.

I used the links I could find that show what I had and what I got, the actual tech specs are useless to 99% of bowlers
    B
    B
    Superfan!
    Superfan!
    SK Superfan!

Post by B Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:31 pm

I would like to look at getting back into a league this year at the bowling alley that is a block away. Still my only thing that is stoping me is not knowing anyone there or anything. Always before I knew the whole team before hand when I bowled it was always with kids from high school with me. So that just seems weird to me if I go by myself to look at joining a league.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:44 pm

I was in a league for 2 years in high school, but decided to leave because i was so shy and didn't make friends. I agree Barry, a league would be fun but its really awkward if you don't know anybody. (Well for me it was). But if you're good at socializing i'd say go for it. It'd probably be easy enough to get to know them, since you already have something to talk about. Heck i almost joined one this year, but don't know if i have improved enough socially for it to be fun.
    astroth
    astroth
    Administrator
    Administrator
    SK Superfan!

Post by astroth Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Well don't let not knowing anybody stop you from joining a league. I've bowled on teams both as a kid and as an adult where I didn't know anybody. If the center is running say a short league start with that, or join a summer one as they tend to be short as well.

Well bowled decent last night, last game was under average but then again five splits makes it a bit harder to bowl ones average, compounded by not feeling 100% and old ball caused a sore thumb and trying a new ball but all in all had a decent night.
    Ryan
    Ryan

Post by Ryan Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Well, seems like a lot of obstacles in your way lol, but glad you bowled well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content